My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday, December 27th


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! Ours was better than we could have ever imagined. This weekend marks 3 months since the accident. I could have never imagined this much progress in such a short period of time. 3 months sounds like a long time, but when you've still got your whole life ahead of you, it's really just a bump in the road. Kind of like a really big bump I guess. Things are very different. Some for the better, and some will just take time getting used to. Wesley's short term memory seems to be getting better every day, but he still has a level of disorientation that makes him very paranoid. So we are still working on that. I took him to hit golf balls at the driving range in St. Andrews for the first time this passed weekend. At first he didn't do so well, but after about 30 minutes of trying to remember his grip and his swing, he started launching the balls so far that I could barely follow with my eyes. I sat there amazed. I really could not believe it. Even with the messed up shoulder and the left arm not so straight, he stayed so focused and determined and started swinging just like he used to. So, it looks like he will actually be ready for the golf course before trying to get back to work. Sorry Steve!! I will make it Wesley's goal to do at least 3 mock appraisals before January is over, so maybe when he has his evaluation in Jackson in February they can give him the okay to get back to his work (with my supervision of course). We will both be so greatful for the day when Wes is fully independent again. I'm sure it will come before we know it.

My 93 year old grandmother (A.K.A. Nanny) fell this morning and broke her hip. She was rushed into surgery and is currently in recovery in the ICU at Ocean Springs hospital. Please keep her in your prayers. She is doing okay, but in alot of pain. I was hoping I wouldn't have to visit that hospital again so soon. But at least I know she is in great hands. Have a safe and Happy New Year. Jennie

No comments: