My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday, March 21st


So, I finally recieved a phone call from Wesley's doctor in Jackson this passed Friday. She was very pleased with alot of his scores from his first evaluation in almost 4 months. Basically, to sum it all up for you.....in the areas where he once was severely impaired, he is now only mildly impaired. These areas include: fine motor skills with the left arm and hand, memorization of sequencing numbers and words, problem solving, and comprehension. His doctor informed me that Wesley will continue to improve and recover, and that she would like to evaluate him again in June. Until then, he has been given permission to drive around town with my supervision, do yardwork as long as I am home, and even start getting back into his appraisal work with my help. He has developed a slight "tick" of the head and neck, and some tremors that somewhat resemble a "Parkinson's" tremor. So, I have been instructed to ween him off of his anti-seizure medicine so that he can have a clean EEG performed to rule out any seizure activity. This EEG will take place in O.S. on April 1st. We will head back to Jackson on May 7th to discuss the EEG and what the tremors might mean. Until then he will continue his physical therapy for his left elbow and try getting back into the gym.

I would also like to add that to the average person looking at or talking to Wes would never know that he even has any of these impairments. Things that we may not even have to think twice about, Wesley may have to think twice as hard. So, please continue to pray for his recovery because God IS listening. I strongly believe that is why Wesley is where he is right this very minute. Thank you all once again and God Bless!! The Fry Family

1 comment:

Cajun Senation said...

Wes, I'm amazed at your progress. Looks like the prayers coupled with your will power have overcome the worst.

Keep up the hard work and we'll keep praying. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be cranking out appraisals again very soon.

Trenton is tearing it up in teeball. That's awesome. I'll talk to y'all soon, I'm sure.

Peace out.