My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday, October 30th

Well, Wesley's day today was even busier than yesterday. They don't play around at this place. I have nicknamed it "BRAIN BOOT CAMP"!! Wesley can now walk with the assisstance of only one therapist, versus the one on each side of him. He also got to practice his first set of steps today, going up and down. His trache hole is almost closed up. Just a few more days. He still has the peg tube in his belly, but it is only there for when he won't eat. So far, he is eating just fine. He got to have his first phone conversation with his father today. It was awesome. Not much change on his short term memory yet, but he is working so hard........I just know it will eventually pay off. He still has to be reminded everyday of where he is at and why he is here. But we are only going on day 4 of therapy, so I am not concerned at all. Remember, "BABY STEPS" as Wesley would say. We'll get there...........time is on our side. Jennie

2 comments:

David and Suzanna Shah said...

Jennie,

How Amazing are you- to go thru a day of watching Wes get Stronger, and then turn around and do updates. David and I are so excited to hear how well Wes is doing on a daily basis. God is Truly Awesome, and he will Always be there.

We Miss seeing you Guys not only at the hospital, but at the house also. Which by the way is just fine. :O) Hope to see you guys really soon.

Kayla asked to Please tell Trenton she Misses him, and wishes he was hear for Trick or Treating tonight. David and I send our Love and Prayers to all of the Family. You are on our Mind and in Our PRAYERS always!!!

David, Suzanna, & Kayla Shah

Rachel Rushing said...

Jen,
This is all so truly awesome. I can not wait to look at the blogs and see the updates. I still want to know who the fiance is???? I got to talk to him and hear him speak to me and that in itself is so empowering. I think of yall it feels like 24/7. I do miss going to the hospital. It just became my routine after doing it for so long. Anyway, we are all thinking and praying 4 yall.
Take Care
Rachel