My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday, October 28th

All I have to say is WOW!! Wesley busted his butt today. He had almost 6 hours of therapy today. The speech therapy definitely went the best. I had Trent hidden in the room to see Wes for the first time, while he was at speech therapy. By the time he came back to the room, he was talking. He cried the minute he saw Trent's face, but it was tears of joy for sure. He and Trent talked and hugged and laughed.........Trenton told him not to cry, because he was going to take care of him. It was definitely the most beautiful moment. I wish you all could have witnessed it.
Wesley also had a swallow test this morning and passed, so he got to taste real food for the first time today. His mom had to take the fork from him because he was trying to eat it too fast. Can you blame him? He has a long road to a full recovery, but I saw the determination in his eyes today, so hopefully the road won't be too long. But I will wait as long as it takes......no matter what. Keep praying.....it's working. Love you all, Jennie

7 comments:

Dawn McNabb said...

I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to get to see the guys hanging out together again. I hope that the good news just keeps piling up over the next few days. We love you guys and I hope you like the addition to the page.

Dawn & Addison

Mississippi Candice said...

I am so glad to hear that! I got chills when I read it! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

backpackjack said...

Hi Jenny, Jack and I read your blog today. We are so excited that Wes is making such great progress. We truly believe that God is answering all of our prayers and are so grateful!! We love you and will continue praying. Mary

Lou Fry said...

The Miracle of Wes! Thanks for the good news Jennie! And thanks for loving and caring for my nephew as you do! Love ya bunches, Lou

trossi said...

that is wonderful news!! i cant wait until you get back! the girls keep asking about mr.wes. tell him that they said "we hope mr.wes feels better!" keep being the strong and wonderful wife that you are!!!!
love you
julie

karee Jimerson said...

That is wonderful news Jen!!! I am so proud of him. I am glad he got to see Trent. He needed that. That is AWESOME progress. Tell him that I am proud of him and to keep up the good work. See you both soon!!

Karee Jimerson

David and Suzanna Shah said...

Today marks the month since the accident. Over the last month You and Wes have shown us what True Love really is. As you start this next chapter in your life Wes will continue to show the Strength and Determination he has to come home to his family and friends. Jennie, there are not enough words to say how much You have touched our Lives. God is AWESOME, and he will continue to lay his hands upon You and the rest of the Family. Thank You both for showing us what True Love really is. We will be waiting here at home for the day You guys come Home. Stay strong, and Give Wes and Trenton big hugs from Us.
We Love You!!