My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday, October 30th

Today was a rough day. Wesley saw 7 therapists today. He is so wiped out, that we had to wake him up to eat his dinner. He is eating solid food very well. He brushed his teeth by himself today for the first time. His walking is getting better, but he still needs assistance at all times. He is talking very well. From what I can gather, his long term memory is very intact. The past 2 years of his life is a different story. The doctors are pretty optimistic that it will come back. They just can't put a time line on how long it will take. He asked his mom today where his fiance was at.......I said, "Oh, cool....does that mean we get to get married again?" I would do it all over again in a heart beat. The old Wesley is very much there, but there is something very different about him, and it is so heartwarming. He constantly is thanking people, along with me and his mother. And he is constantly telling us how much he loves us. I can definately see how much he is appreciating God giving him this second chance at a whole new life. It is an amazing experience. After such a tramatic terrible thing, I can finally see the good. And it's better than good. Jennie

5 comments:

The Sparrow said...

Jennie,

Your updates always bring tears to my eyes...tears of joy that Wes is coming back more and more, and tears of sorrow that you, Wes and your family have to be going through this. I anxiously await your updates every day and please tell Wes that I am thinking of him all the time! Only good things to come....and you ALL deserve it. I love you guys, Traci

Dawn McNabb said...

Jennie,
I wanted to say thank you for doing such a great job keeping the updates current and so positive. You are amazing and I know that Wes is aware of that, but if he forgets I'll be more than happy to remind him! I know the updates are keeping us all informed and inspired. Please tell everyone that Addison & I send our love and we can't wait to see Trent Friday!!!!
Love ya,
Dawn

Randi said...

This is so amazing to read! I won't keep praying until Wes is whole. He seems to be well on his way. He is so lucky to have you and I thank God for this second chance for him too. Love ya!!

Randi

Rachel Rushing said...

Jen,
Wow! It is truly amazing the changes and growth that Wess can make day by day. Anything is possible if you just BELIEVE. I like the updates but I do not like the tears that I get when reading them. I do miss going by the hospital getting to see the changes and growth in Wess. Tell him hello and you all take care.
Love
Rachel

Tom Vanzant said...

God is with Wes and his family helping them through this struggle. The great news of his continued recovery are proof of that.
God Bless You and your family. We will continue praying for you.
Tom and Amy