My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, November 5th


The feeding tube has finally been removed.....Yeah!!! And the trache hole is all closed up. Wesley had his first evaluation today. Walking, he scored in between 25-50 percent (minimum to moderate dependent). Dressing, feeding, grooming, and bathing he scored only 25% minimum dependent. And problem solving, memory, safety judgement, and reasoning he scored 50-75% (moderate to maximum dependent). So, as you can see.......his work here is far from done, but he is progressing more and more every day. The goal is to have him leave here being under 25% minimum dependent for all of the above. He is well on his way. He also had his first outing today with some other patients and therapists. I was not aloud to go. He got to go to Ryan's steak house and to Bass pro shop. I think it went okay....he didn't seem to remember much. I have attached a picture taken today of Wes with Bruce Cartwright. Bruce drove up here to see him. Wes was so thankful and happy. He said that he wishes he could see all of his friends. I told him to be patient just like he taught me, because he will. Thank God that he will.

Love you guys, Jennie

3 comments:

Stacey Bonderer said...

Wes and Jenny,

Prayers for you from Ocean Springs to California. Have faith in God!
Sincerely,
Stacey Bonderer

David and Suzanna Shah said...

Your doing good bro. I really miss not be able to see you in that golf cart with me. I had to get used to driving since you always did. Suzanna bought me a new golf bag for my promotion. I hope you come home soon or I will have to come up there. Luv ya bro. Jennie, you are a rock! Dave

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! Wes looks AMAZING!!!! I am so proud of him. I admire your dedication to him. He has a wonderful family and God has given him this second chance to show how strong he is. I was thinking about when Wes was admitted to OS hospital and I had to tell you how tough the next few months were going to be for you and him. We can all see how fast he is progressing. Seeing his progress will help me help others get through similar situations. I will never forget you and Wes as you two have been an inspiration to me. I can't wait to give you two a hug when you get to come home. Stay strong. I will see you soon.

Karee Jimerson RN