My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday, November 3rd

What a great weekend. Saturday morning Wes started walking by himself with no help. We are not supposed to let him walk by himself yet, so I stay very close to him. Sometimes, I'm only holding his hand. He's doing it all by himself. He did not have any therapy over the weekend, so we spent alot of time talking to him about recent events and reminding him of all of the things that he's been doing over the past couple of years. I showed him a ton of pictures, including the ones from the benefit. He seems to remember people very well. But remembering the next day that I even showed him pictures, he does not. He did great in therapy today. Still having a little trouble with his left arm and hand. It seems to be very lazy. But remember, he was not even moving that arm and hand a few weeks ago. I am attaching somes photo of Wesley taken on Sunday, Nov.2nd so that you can see for yourselves how far he has come with only 4 full days of therapy. It's pretty amazing. Wes is amazing. Jennie

6 comments:

Randi said...

I am in tears as I look at these pictures. To think that this is the same person who just a month ago was in a coma, not knowing if he would wake up. These pictures are proof that miracles do happen and that God has a plan. He must have something HUGE in store for you and Wes. I am just in awe. There is so much that I want to say, but the words aren't coming... all I can say is PRAISE GOD!!!!

David and Suzanna Shah said...

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! Wow, look at those pictures. We are so excited to see them. Our tears are tears of Joy, and can not wait to see you guys in person. GOD works Miracles and Wes is just one of those Miracles. We can not believe what we are seeing, and can not wait to see many more of them. Jennie, Keep that Big Beautiful Smile on your face, what an ANGEL you are.

Love and can not wait to see you guys again soon. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Give Wes a Big Hug from us!!

Mississippi Candice said...

OMG!!!!! That is amazing!

Rachel Rushing said...

You go Wess,
You are truly amazing. You have the determination that it takes. Before long you will be doing it all on your own. Forest Gump don't have anything on you. So run forest run!!!!
We are all pulling for you.
Love,
Rachel

Tarra and Jeffrey said...

Seeing the pictures of Wesley brings on such overwhelming feelings of joy and happiness. I looked at them earlier today at work and again tonight at home and I've cried and cried each time. He is beautiful!!! Thank you Jennie for taking care of him and for giving us all the comfort of knowing he is in good hands. Jeffrey and I love you all!!!

The Sparrow said...

i cannot express how freaking happy I am to see this progress. We all hope for the best, and prepare for the worst, and I am absolutely enthralled by the fact that he has made this leap. But, hell, didn't we all know Wes had it in him to begin with???? All I can do is smile right now...Please tell him that I'm inspired, and you guys are the picture of what love and family is all about. That is what has made the difference, I truly believe that. more good things to come....