My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17, 2009 Friday


I was not planning on posting anything until after Wesley's next evaluation. Due to the curiousity of friends and family, I have decided to post an update. Due to the curiousity of an anonymous follower, I will be leaving a comment for you at the end of this post.

Wesley's 2nd Neuro-psychological evaluation has been pushed back to sometime in August. This evaluation is necessary for the decision of a driver's evaluation as well. Both evaluations will take place in Jackson. At this time, Wesley is very far ahead of what was to be expected as a very long recovery. If you did not know him before the accident, you would never even know that almost 10 months ago he was not even breathing on his own. However, Wes is very different than before. He has an appreciation for all of the small things that we take for granted every day. His laughing disorder is sooooo much better, but he is still a goofball 24-7. His fine motor skills in both hands are still very impaired, but he always attempts to do things for himself before asking me for help. The only difference is that it might take him twice as long. His memory on the other hand is still improving every day. It now only seems to be the things that someone just said, maybe seconds ago, is what he has a hard time with. He does stumble over his words quite often, but that just makes him laugh too. The tremors have not really seemed to have gotten any better, but again....they are part of a movement disorder associated with the Basal Ganglia part of the brain. This movement disorder is not life threatening, nor does it disable him from completeing every day tasks. Wesley and I are finally working together full time, and he seems to be handling lots of work at one time very well. He has not been released to work independently at this time, but because Wes trained me so well before the accident...he will never have to worry about making any mistakes with me constantly over his shoulder. God works in mysterious ways, now doesn't he??

It is coming up on the year anniversary, and I will post one last update after his next evaluation. At this time, I would like to invite anyone who is interested to view my comment on this update. The comment is for the anonymous blogger who commented on June 24th to my last post. This site was created out of love for friends and family who wanted to keep up with Wesley's progress. A special thanks to all of you who have respected the site. And again, we would like to thank all of you for your love, support, and prayers.

Jennifer Fry

1 comment:

Jennifer Fry said...

To the anonymous follower who left the June 24th comment to my last post: You are obviously not a friend nor family member. You obviously do not know a thing about Wesley's accident and how it occurred. It is not my job to have to explain all of these things to someone as misinformed as yourself. However, if you knew anything about Mr.Fry's accident, you would know that he was the passenger of his own car. If you knew anything about his head injury, you would know that it occurred because the air bags on the passenger side did not deploy, and NO he was not wearing his seatbelt. You would also know, that within weeks of the accident, there were 2 sworn statements given from eyewitnesses that watched and saw a male get out of the driver's side (where the airbags did deploy)and take off running, leaving my husband for dead in the middle of the highway. The first words out of my mouth in the ER were "ARE THE OTHER DRIVER"S OK?" Well, I am still not OK!! And unless you have witnessed a final crash report that does not exist, you would also know that as of today, almost 10 months later, there is still question as to which vehicle was really at fault!! I am still waiting on my apology from people who took my husbands life less seriously and did not do their jobs to bring justice to Wesley, as well as the other drivers. As he lay there in a coma, on a breathing maching, I was the one that was doing the investigative work. And here I am, 10 months later....and I can't even get a final crash report. I may never know what actually happened, or who was actually driving, but I do know this....I will never understand the ignorance of other people! Get your facts straight, and may God have mercy on your soul.