My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday, October 23rd

As of Thursday, October 23rd, Wesley is doing great. He has been off ICU status for over 24 hours now, but has still not been moved to a floor room because they do not have any floor rooms available. If Wesley does not have any more set backs, the plan is to transport him to Jackson first thing Monday morning. So, keep your fingers crossed.
Today, he got to sit upright in a regular chair for an hour this morning and an hour this afternoon. He kept his posture very well, and every time he started to slouch, he would adjust himself properly in the chair. He is responding very consistantly with hand gestures, and facial expressions. He still has not spoken, but I'm sure he will when he is ready. His trache hole is starting to close up nicely, and his incision down his chest is healing well. He does not seem to be in any pain anymore. Wesley is still on the feeding tube, but all of the other tubes have been removed.
I will be rooming in with Wesley in Jackson to help along with his rehabilitation and recovery. Wesley's mom, my mom, and our son will be staying across the street from us, so that I can go back and forth between Wes and Trent, for any of you who might be wondering. Wesley's father and stepmom had to go back to their home in Arizona yesterday, so please keep them in your prayers. I will try to post Wesley's progress daily while he's in Rehab. He will have alot of new firsts, and I will be so excited to share them with you. For those of you planning to attend the benefit fish fry this Sunday, I look so forward to seeing you. I am one very lucky woman to have all of you supporting me and my family.........God Bless, Jennifer Fry.

1 comment:

Dan and Deanne said...

I am thrilled to hear such great news and I know that you are thrilled to share it! You and Wesley have shown such strength throughout this difficult time and I must say that Dan and I are both inspired by your love, as I am sure many others are as well. We continue to pray for Wesley's swift recovery and we will absolutely be at the fish fry on Sunday. We look forward to seeing you there! Keep reaching out to the Lord for guidance & comfort. I promise you he will not let you down!

Love always,
Deanne