My photo
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

As of Tuesday, October 21st, Wesley is still in ICU at Ocean Springs Hospital. Wesley is recovering very well from the Surgery on Saturday. His trache hole has been covered, and he is breathing all on his own with no oxygen. His respiratory doctor would like him to remain in ICU for one more evening so that he can monitor a tube running from the outside of his lung where they found some unwanted air from the surgery. We are hoping that he will be moved back to a regular floor room by tomorrow. Once he is moved back to the floor, they will then determine when he will be able to go to Jackson for rehabilitation. Wesley is still doing way better than the doctors thought he would for this short of a time frame with his type of brain injury. Saturday was just a little set back, but we are now finally back on track. Before I go, I would like to send out a special thanks to all of you involved with coordinating this benefit fish fry. I feel like Thank you is just not enough. You are all angels sent from God himself, and you will all be rewarded.
From the depth of my heart and soul, I thank you and love you all.
Jennifer Fry

4 comments:

trossi said...

That is such wonderful news!! He is a fighter and is fighting his way back to you and sweet little trenton! I pray for you and wes everyday. I wish I could be there waaaayyyyyy more than I am. I always knew you were strong but this has surpassed anything i could have ever imagined. You are an inspiration and i love you very much.

trossi said...

sorry i am still trying to figure out this blog thing. it posted before i was finished. anyway, if you need anything you know we are here.
love, julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer, I just wanted to let you know that it was a pleasure to take care of Wesley and help you and your family through such a difficult time. He has made remarkable progress and I am very proud of him. I admire your dedication and Wesley is very lucky to have you as his wife. I could see how much you two love each other. If I do not see you before you go to Jackson, have a safe trip and bring Wes back to see me when he has recovered. Stay strong and never give up hope. You two and your family are in my prayers. Feel free to call me if you have any concerns. You know where to find me. Take care and let Wes know I will be thinking about him while he is at rehab.

Karee Jimerson RN (SICU OSH)

Suzanna said...

What a fighting Family you Guys are! The shear strength and determination of the 2 of you is Amazing. You have a Heart of Gold and Wes is so very lucky to have you as his wife. The love you show for him is out of this world, both of you are fighters and everything will fall in its place in the right time.

It is an Honor to be apart of the Fish Fry this Sunday. I would not want to be any where else. David and I love the 3 of you and You guys are always in our thoughts and Prayers.

When it is time to go to Jackson, don't you worry about a thing. You guys will be in the Best hands possible, and God will Always have his Hands on you. Wes is a fighter, and his strength already shows. You will be home in no time.

We Love You Guys!!

The Shah's